Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Music : Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard

I love music. Now I want to talk about this Jazz album, piano-laden music.  

Bill Evans - Sunday at the Village Vanguard (1961)
 

I love the simplistic cover.
Bill Evans was a pianist.
I think most people (maybe non Jazz fans) would regard this album as 'Dinner' music.
You're not wrong.
In fact, this album was recorded live.
So, we could hear the clanking glasses & people talking to each other.
For me, I just playing this album in the background.
Sometimes tapping my feet.
Slow-moving pace for me.
The music doesn't sound old although it was recorded in 1961.

This video, you can watch the story behind the recording.


This is 'Gloria's Step. One of my favorite tracks from the album.

Anybody likes Bill Evans out there ? Which oither albums by him that I should get ?

This is a classic album in Jazz.
You can acquire the vinyl album, keep it forever.
Or you can get the CD.
Hey ! You can even get the COMPLETE recordings of this album.


No comments:

Post a Comment